Hurray for Home!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mimi's Meltdown

Hi folks,
Just wanted to update you as you follow us on this journey thru the valley I will call " 2nd Tour of Duty" with this thing called chordoma. I really want to call it the 2nd tour of doody
because we just came back from Christy/Dave's house and as I watched Hayden struggle to lift his right hand with his left hand and put it where he wanted it to rest. (He did this because the right side is so weak.) I could just feel my spirit going down the toilet so that is why I want to call it tour of doody:( For those of you who have a loved one who is ill and has trouble with mobility I know you know the feeling.) So as I started to really question God AGAIN, He reminded me that He is still on the throne and still in control and He loves Hayden more than I could ever dream to even though I tell Hayden & Mason I love them to heaven and back that is nothing compared to Gods love. I know God is hearing my prayers, but some days are really hard...As I sat in the choir at church this morning, we sang a song that talks about going through the dark valleys and still trusting and following God no matter the outcome even while the storms rage on. I realized again that no matter what trials there are whether it be the worry of parents with illnesses and not be able to help them physically because you're miles away from where they live, finances, a prodigal child, your own illness and for me watching your adult daughter and her husband who lost their first son watch their second son who is just 5 years old go through this very dark valley of chordoma tumor right now. So as you can see Mimi is having a bit of a meltdown......as she did at church today. I'm not going to apologize because I've always been a cry baby, at least that's what my sisters say:) But through all that they have gone thru God has given a peace to Christy and Dave and our family and He has brought Hayden thru and we feel He will continue to do so. So many of you are on this journey with us as you have been since the diagnosis and we are very thankful for all you have done in your financial support, words of encouragement, cards, gifts for Hayden and most of all prayers.
Here are some specific prayer requests: Pray for Hayden's strength for the trip, his over all health. (No colds, asthma problems, sinus problems,etc) That the surgery will go well with no complications like last time (swallowing problems, reflux, being able to walk, meningitus etc.). That the Dr AlMefty and team of Drs. will be able to clearly see nerves, etc. and they will not be disturbed and cause any paralysis, and have no trouble getting to the tumor and removing all the tumor if possible with no side effects. Pray for Christy and Dave's health and strength, finances, and peace for family. Pray for Mason, Hayden's little brother that he will stay healthly and happy while brother is going through this ordeal and that Mimi will be able to keep up with a two year old again, I was just getting use to keeping up with a 60 year old :) Pray for safe travel to and from hospital. Pray for Gods healing again and we give Him the praise and glory for all He has done in our lives and what He is yet to do.

3 comments:

Sandy & Jessica said...

Christy and David and family,
I have been very blessed to get to know Hayden, Mason, Christy and David in the past year. I know that God has a special plan for all of you and that God is walking the walk with you. He will guide you and provide for you. The Children in Action at FBC Lewisburg will be praying for Hayden. Jessica and I have you in our prayers every day.
Sandy and Jessica

Sharon Wiegand said...

Christy, David, Terry, and Donita,
My heart just cried for you when I read your "Meltdown". I, too am a MeeMee, and there are no words for the love that we have for our precious grandchildren. Hayden has been on our prayer concern list at Mooresville Baptist Church for the past 2 years and I will update them on how to pray. Our church is a praying church and I promise Hayden and all of you will be lifted up.

Sharon said...

To my Family,

When I read your meltdown my heart broke. Its ok to meltdown, cause now God has you where he wants you.He can begin to bring peace, healing,comfort to you and use you the way that he has always wanted too. Much to often we try to take care of our problems and try to fix everything. But thats what Moms and Mimi's do! Right!?? You are on the right track. Just call to God when you feel you heart about to fall apart, or whatever it maybe. He is always there. He never moves and he is longing to reach out to you. But you have to call out to him. Maybe all you can say is Jesus,Jesus! That's all you need, he hears and knows your heart and will be there to wrap you into his arms. You know how God speaks about children in the Bible, that we learn from them. He says come to me just as the children do. He has known Hayden from the very first heartbeat that beat in his little chest. He will hold Hayden as his own, because he belongs to God.
In Deuteronomy 31:8 He say: The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you, he will never leave you,nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
You all are in my prayers and still are on the big prayer chain. There is a lot of people praying for Hayden and family.
I love you all. Rest in His arms and let God be God.

Love You,

Sharon