Hurray for Home!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just a quick note to say that things are well on the homefront. We went to a Nashville Sounds Baseball game last night. The boys really enjoyed it. They had a fireworks display after which is always cool. We got home late last night and the boys actually slept in this morning!! Yes!!! I love to be able to sleep in.
We have not set up MRI/CT scans yet but still praying about where we need to have them done. Please remember to continue to pray for us on this decision and all the others pertaining to future surgery on the palette,financial..all of the above. Also, for Hayden's right side to continue to gain strength. I, as his mom and a drill sergent would like to see more improvement. I guess what I'm saying is faster results. I have never been much of a patient person. You know what they say patience is a virtue! That my dear friends I'm still learning. Also, there are lots of days that Hayden resists me on doing what he needs to. I pray for patience but also tell him he has to want it. He says he does but I guess some days he's tired. I can't blame him. Please pray for me. I have had a lot of anxiety this week and the first part of the week did not sleep well at all. I was talking with a sweet friend this week who said that she could sense something was bothering me and she prayed a beautiful prayer. I felt God in those very moments wrapping His arms around me. I feel so blessed to have people in my life like her. The ironic thing was she said that she had been thinking about us and needed to call and then I called her. I say ironic not really it's a God thing!!!
Well I guess I will close for now.

Update on my Nana (my grandmother). They have confirmed it to be Lung Cancer. It is not in her bones. They are going to do further testing this week. Thanks to all for the prayers. My mom is there with her so also pray for all the caregivers for strength.


Christy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy with all you have been through with Hayden and the other things your family has been through and now your grandmother, Nina, you are doing remarkably well. You and your family are a great testimony of God,s power and faithfulness. You all are a example of trusting God to all that know you and your family. I will continue to pray for God's strength to get you through all the dailey needed routines that you need to do with Hayden, so that he continues to get stronger and that he co-operates with you. I know you all are tired, it has been a long road for all of you. Prayfully and hopefukky soon the road is getting shorter. We are prayiny faithfully for an excellent report on Hayden's next MRI. I will pray also that God continues to lift all anxieties and replaces them with His peace. Keeping you all and Grandma Nina in my prayers. Love you all, Ms Sandra

Anonymous said...

Dear Christie
Have been having a problem getting onto your blog but no problem today
Guess the computer gremlins have taken a day off! ha ha
Please try not get discouraged sweetheart Y'all have been through so much~worry about Hayden, missing Mason, separation from your home, financial burdens and now your Nana being so sick but try to keep holding on dear Jesus never promised it would be easy but He does promise to always be there and He is
I think that you and your family are very special people and that the light of God shines out of you His grace abounds and it is sufficient!
God bless and keep you little lady All of you
Love and prayers always
Florence Morris
Osborne Baptist Church
Eden NC

Anonymous said...

Dear Christy and Johnson Family
Hope and pray that things are looking up for everyone
How is Grandma Nina?
Try to keep hanging in there sweetheart You have done a terrific job and are a great Mom
Love to all and hugs to our darling boys Hayden and Mason
Love and prayers in Christ Jesus
Florence Morris
Osborne Baptist Church
Eden NC