Hurray for Home!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Good Evening!

As I begin to write about how we've been doing, I am completely overwhelmed with a wonderful
report from Dr. Liebsch. He is in agreement that Hayden's scan looks good and feels that all that
we wanted to accomplish with radiation has done its job thus far. I am soo thankful to all who have continued to pray without ceasing. God has been faithful even when I feel that my life is
spinning out of control with worry, doubt and just plain FEAR! A month or so ago the boys began
compiling their Christmas list. Hayden wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas and I said that all I wanted was my boys to be happy and healthy. I wanted Hayden to just be a little boy
again..no more tumor. He said Mom that's not a good present you must want something?? I said
Hayden, that would be the best gift! I remember those days when wishes were more to do with toys or dolls than an illness. My, how thankful I am that Hayden can still be filled with the wonder of the season than the reality of Cancer. My God has truly brought more blessings than
I deserve! We will probably be doing another scan in late spring or early summer and possibly
go to Boston for that because Dr. Liebsch wants us to come for a year check-up. Please continue to pray for strength for Hayden and his continued therapies.

From our house to yours,have a very Merry Christmas!

Love,
Christy

P.S- I'm also thankful for that little rascal who's name is Mason Parker(as he says). We always had to try to conceive ( the first 2) but then along came this ball of fire named Mason. God gave us great comic relief with him..we are constantly in stitches with the things he does and says!
Today while in Wal-Mart we were walking past the toy section..mistake number one! Anyways, he saw this drum set and would not walk away from it after I stopped to let him play for awhile. I ended up just putting it in the buggy and putting him in as well and he was going to town! (Let me add one more detail he had on a red cowboy hat that he just had to leave the house with!) So..needless to say he performed for every person passing by. It took forever to leave because people stopped to listen to him say that he was in a rock band and watched him play! One cute teenager stopped with her friend and then began to leave and he yelled out hey, where are you going? I'm not done yet!! Thank you God for a wild child named Mason!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to hear the good news about Hayden. That is the most wonderful Christmas gift, to know all is going well with him. Will continue to remember him and you all in my prayers. Hayden and Mason are both precious boys. You all have a great Christmas, praising God for His love and power in your lives. He has brought you all along way in this journey over this past year. You have alot to celebrate as you gather with family this holiday season. We rejoice with you. God bless you all this holiday season and New Year to come. Love and prayers, Ms Sandra

The Kings said...

I don't think any of us could have ever given up hope, and we will always keep Hayden in our prayers for continued recovery. I am so happy for all of you for the happy news and I wish all of you a very merry Christmas!! Love, C