Hurray for Home!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Making Progress

Good evening everyone.


Hayden had a really good day today. He had some visitors, Memaw, cousin Kim and her husband Allen. His face lit up seeing someone different besides us and 50 million doctors, nurses, PT etc. that come through the door to his room. He's really smart though he will want to go walking to gift shop or play areas just about all the time, I think I've figured him out, he thinks if I'm out of my room they can't find me to do anything else to me. Smart kid thank you very much he is my child. HAHA!!! :) Papa and Daddy are staying with him tonight so I can try to rest. We hope that in a few days they will discharge us to a hotel. WE are BEYOND ready to be home but the hotel will have to do. At least we can all be together. Mason said all day today I miss Hayden! Pray that we will all be together soon. Pray for his tongue to continue to improve. We have a dentist involved and we talked about his tongue being pretty stretched and out of the mouth for so long, so he suggested putting a compression dressing around under his chin and wrap around his head. We will try to put the tongue inside his mouth as much as possible and this dressing on to help his jaw and tongue relax. Pray that this works. Hayden has been a real champ but he is ready for this to be over.

I, as Mom have had better days this week. I'm very thankful. This is in no way about me but Hayden. I love him so much that when your children hurt you hurt. The bad part is I have not been able to fix this. God certainly is teaching me patience and that I'm not in control! I once again just need to let GOD be GOD and as for me just keep on loving and nurturing Hayden. God is certainly in the details but I usually give it up to Him only to quickly take it back. Well....we will keep you guys posted. Thank you does not seem adequate enough for every prayer, card and monetary support that we've had but truly we say thanks!! Keep loving on us, it does get awfully lonely here......


Christy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was checking the blogs and want you all to know that I am still praying for Hayden and all of you.Christy, I can only try to imagine what you and David and all of you have been going through. I can say that my heart and prayers are right there with you all. I am glad to hear that you may be able to go to the hotel soon. I know that all of you will be glad. Mason will have his brother back. I know that it is hard for him and his little mind to understand what is going on and why Hayden is sick. I'm on the out side looking in and I can see how God is working and using all of the hurts and pain for his Glory. Like I said before God has some special plans for Hayden's life. I love you all!
Sharon G.

Anonymous said...

Hi Family,
HURRAHHHHHHHHHHHH we are finally headed in the right direction...I have been keeping up with you guys on a constant basis and I'm so glad to learn that you folks may be able to break away soon...keep up the good work little man...I'm calling Marvel Comic Books and see if Hayden can be the next Super Hero...maybe we will call him....HB..The magnificent child super hero....well maybe I need to come up with something that sounds more dramatic...anyways I'm so happy that he is making progress and I will certainly keep you guys in my prayers as you are always in my thoughts. I love you guys...give the man a big hug from Aunt P

Anonymous said...

JUST READY THE UPDATE. WE ARE STILL PRAYING FOR THE FAMILY AND HAYDEN. GOD WORKS IS WONDERFUL. TELL EVERYONE HELLO. OUR LOVE
DANIEL HOPE AND CADEN TUCKER

Beverly said...

Hi All,
Just read my first pass and the blog for the day and am glad to hear of progress...I will glad to see you break out of there and get back to some sort of normalcy...I have been scouting around Little Rock and there is a zoo very close to the apt for you to visit if possible. We have mailed Superboy a package to the hotel so please look for it..Christy you are definately on the list for Mom of the year..Still praying and blogging......Love and kisses to all

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Hayden had a great day. Praying that things continue to go well and that you can enjoy some time outside the hospital very soon! Hayden, you are an amazing young man! God bless you all!

In His Love,
Bambi Muylle

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to hear the good news! Allen came in this morning and he looked like he had bite marks all over his arms! He said Hayden had "tattooed him"! That was a blessing! Kim said Hayden was aggrevating Allen yesterday. Aren't the simplest things in life a blessing!! We're still praying for you and Hayden's recovery. Things are looking up already!! Love, Rosie

Anonymous said...

Hello all of you,
I really enjoyed the pictures. Appears to be very accommadating to your family. Keep smiling. Happy Halloween to Hayden and Mason.
Kristi H.