Hurray for Home!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Update Thurs.

Hello Folks,

Here's what I know as of this moment: Hayden had a pretty good night again last night (Praise God). Christy said that the Neurosurgeon resident was in early this AM and that he felt like Hayden was to sedated for him to assess and wanted them to lower the sedation so he could communicate with Hayden. So they lowered the sedation and Hayden is trying to communicate with him. Momma did not have a problem with communicating with him last night, he would answer her question...Are you hurting? etc. So resident wanted to let Mom and Dad know that Dr. Al-Mefty wanted to proceed with surgery on Friday if parents were in agreement but was leaving it up to parents. Mom wants to wait till swelling goes down enough to be a little more normal and wants to check swallowing before next surgery to make sure it was not compromised with this surgery before proceeding with next surgery. Dr. Al-Mefty will make final decision I would imagine, and when I get news I will pass it along. Please pray that they (parents) and Dr. make right decision and that the swelling will continue to go down in tongue and lips.

Several have asked for address here where we are staying for sending cards,etc. Here it is as follows:

Terry and Donita Chitwood or Christy and David Johnson'
c/o Markham House Suites
5120 West Markham- Suite 101
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205-3646

Again thank you for you comments with words of encouragment, cards and support for our family on this journey.

Much love,
Praising Him for His faithfulness,
Donita (aka Mimi)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hayden and you all will be in our prayers. This blog site will be forwarded so others can stay informed on what blessings God has in store!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying that the Lord God gives you His wisdom to know what GOD'S will is for the right timing for Hayden's next surgery. Happy to hear he is communicating with Christy. And that he had a pretty good night. Keeping you all in prayer. Love you all. Ms Sandra

Anonymous said...

We know you will trust in the Lord when you make your decision and know we are all praying for God's leading hand to guide Dr. Al-Mefty in every move he makes. So glad to hear Hayden communicating so soon after such a difficult surgery. God is great!! We will remember you in our prayers constantly.
Love, Rosie

Anonymous said...

Drew and I will be praying for Hayden and the rest of the family! I'm so blessed by your faith in God!
Love always!
Mary Beth Lambert Nickerson, Drew, Taylor and Maddie!

mbdnick@att.net
Aunt B. Call me if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending some mail to you guys. It's going to the post office today. Hopefully it will get to you soon...be looking for it!

Tell Hayden that I got the card he sent me. I was so excited! It is sitting on my desk at school so I can see it all the time! Give him kisses for me and tell him I love him and miss him lots! He is definitely my hero!

Love,
Allison

Anonymous said...

Donita,

Thanks for the update.

I am sure that Dr. Al-Mefty will make the right decision on what is best and less dangerous for Hayden.

Is Mason doing okay? I know Christy and Dave are glad that he is there at this moment.

Love, hugs and kisses...

Aunt Cindy & Uncle Ronny

Anonymous said...

hi guys! finally tec support glad that our boy is doing well. We hope he recuperates quickly so he can visit us soon. Pappa John says he has some fishing lures for him. All of you take good care of yourselves...We love you all...Sending you our Love and prayers...

Nanna and Pappa John

Anonymous said...

It's about 8:30 p.m. here and we are all praying for Hayden and all of you there in Little Rock. We will pray for him many times during the night as well as Dr. Al-Mefty. We hope you feel our love and our prayers.

Art,Debbie,Jenny,Moriah,Dirk,Missy,Eli,&Emma

Anonymous said...

Terry and Donita,
God is so good. You all are an inspiration to us with your constant faith in God. "We can do all things through Christ which gives us strength." I pray that you feel God's warmth and security of His arms. Being a MeeMee, too, Donita, I am trying to put myself in your shoes, and I know how much those little boys mean to you! God has Hayden right by the hand.
Love from Lewisburg,
Sharon Wiegand

Karen said...

My online friends are still asking about and praying for Hayden. I've posted the blog address on my blog and several Christian sites, so people EVERYWHERE are praying. We love and miss you, and we're so glad God is working things out for Hayden day by day. I loved what one of my SistahFaith network friends said, "Bless Hayden with healing so he can live to bring praise to God." AMEN!

Anonymous said...

GOD IS FAITHFUL, WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR HAYDEN AND ALL THE FAMILY. I PRAY FOR STRENGTH, WISDOM, AND UNDERSTANDING IN ALL THINGS.