Hurray for Home!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

38 Treatments to go

Day 2 went ok. Hayden was a little scared still today,but he did fine. He does not want to have the sedation. It makes him feel dizzy at first before he goes under and that makes him upset. I feel helpless, I try to comfort and tell him how great he's doing and to not be afraid. But...I'm afraid too. I only hope I'm convincing enough for him to help him feel safe.

Last night after I posted Hayden did get sick and so we called the Dr. to let her know, she told us to try to get some more fluids in for the day. Nutrition would take a back seat to fluids. We got some in and then at midnight he said I'm hungry and wanted McDonalds. So, needless to say David went out and got it. He ate 9 nuggets and some fries. We were very glad he ate even though it was a late night! Hey what's sleep anyways..It's overrated!! Ha!

Well one more treatment for this week and we will be off for the weekend. Yeah! Oh by the way they have brought on board a medication that helps with nausea and vomiting, so we will use this everyday.

Please keep praying for us!

My sister Brooke is flying out tomorrow to stay the week with us. Please pray for her safe journey.

Christy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hayden--
I'm so jealous that B is already on spring break and gets to come see you!! I hope you have a wonderful time with her!! Take lots of pictures so we can see what all you take her to do!! I'll keep taking pictures of Mason and sending them too you as well! I miss you buddy and am so proud of you!

Allison :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Christy
My heart aches for you ~for all the family !!! It is heart breaking to have to watch a loved one suffer and be unable to stop the suffering
May the Lord give y'all strength as He blesses and watches over our brave little boy!!
God bless amd keep y'all
Love and prayers
Florence Morris
Osborne Baptist Church
Eden NC

Anonymous said...

Christy, I just want you to know that you are my HERO. I know that the Lord never puts more on us than we can bear, but you have certainly been and continue to be tested. Someday we will know why or maybe we won't even care. You are such an inspiritation. Please know that I am praying for Hayden and for you everyday. I check the blog several time a day. Thank you for keeping us posted.
In Christian Love
Judy Bloodworth
CV Baptist Church