Hurray for Home!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Treament Today

Hello all,

Hayden had his first radiation treatment today. He did well, but the rest of the afternoon he has not wanted to eat or really do anything. I hope that this is not a sign of things to come. We have just fed him through his G-tube.
We will continue on starting tomorrow at 11:00 and then 10:30 on Friday. We will find out our schedule for the next week on Friday. This morning Hayden was a little nervous but after he woke up he asked what exactly did they do? I told him they gave him his therapy and he said that it was not too bad..We are very thankful that he feels this way and only hope that he will continue to. We spoke with Dr. regarding the scans that we've had done and he told us that what was left of the tumor are the portions where it originated. He said that there was not reason to do anymore surgery because it would be like "cherry picking"because it is in several areas. So we are thankful that we can begin.
As I got up this morning for my quiet time, of course I was anxious, and I read my devotional so I would like to share it with you.....The first words were "Walk by faith, and not by sight. As you take steps faith, depending on Me, I will show you how much I can do for you. If you live your life to safely. you will never know the thrill of seeing me work through you. When I gave you My Spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural ability and strength. That is why it is wrong to measure your energy level against the challenges ahead of you. The issue is not your strength but Mine, which is limitless. By walking close to me, you can accomplish My purposes in My strength." 2 Corinthians 5:7 Wow, what can I say I needed that. Even though it is not easy I will walk by faith because He has not let me down.....



Love to all,
Christy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your devotion. That is so moving.

I am glad hayden did well today. Maybe his eating will change. Give him all the chicken nuggets he wants.

Love, hugs and kisses,
Ronny & Cindy

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful devotional, and so true for all of us. Happy to hear that Hayden thought the treatment wasn't to bad. Will be praying that Hayden's appetite will be better, also for all his treatments Praying for you all. Love you all, Ms Sandra