Hurray for Home!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Hello all,
We have been home for a couple of weeks and trying to get adjusted to life. Unlike Mimi's last posting that things are quiet there, that is certainly NOT the case at this house!!!! Ha! Never a dull moment! Hayden is doing pretty good. We are doing exercises to work on his right side. I believe I see a difference in his hand. He has wanted to keep it pulled in(his fingers) and not stretch them out like when he is just at rest. He is using a sponge like thing that has some stiffness in it for resistance. So please be in prayer. We are stretching his legs as well, his hamstrings are very tight.
We went to the Nashville Sounds ballgame Friday night and the boys loved it, of course. We also went back to our church for the first time on Sunday. We were happy to be back and see some great friends.
Please continue to pray that as we prepare in a couple of months for this first scan out of Proton Therapy that they will not find ANY trace of the tumor. I know some of you have prayed that for a long time! We will give all the praise to God first and secondly for putting us in the right place for top of the line medical care. I have shared many times that I believe God has a huge plan for Hayden's life and I am privileged to call that little trooper my son! God gave me Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you"... I don't know the whole plan but what I have seen is a God who is merciful and above all FAITHFUL!!

Love you guys,
Christy


P.S. Mason is loving being home again as well.. we sure missed that little man!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christie
So glad to hear that y'all are doing well I know that you must get very physically tired looking after the boys and making all those extra efforts for Hayden, but I know that spiritually you are still a super woman!
I thank God that He has blessed y'all and seen you through all this so far and I know He will continue to be there for y'all always
Take care of yourself and your family Remember to take care of yourself so that you are able to take care of your family
God bless and keep y'all always
Hugs and prayers in Christ Jesus
Florence Morris
Odsborne Baptist Church
Eden NC

Anonymous said...

sounds like the boys are having a wonderful time being back in their home. The sounds of their playing together must be wonderful music to your ears. I believe also, with you that God has a wonderful plan for Hayden's life. God has already brought him and you all through alot. What a testimony of God's faithfulness and power Hayden and his family continues to share. Will continue to pray with you about all the exercise strenghen Hayden's arms and legs. Also that there be absolutely no tumor left.and that Hayden and his family have the worse in this journey behind you all. May our Father God have all glory and praise for what He has already done and for what He continues to do in Hayden's life. Love you all, Ms Sandra

Mary Woods said...

So glad to hear that things are well!! We will continue to pray!
Love- Max, Janet, Jana, Mary and families