Hurray for Home!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hello from Little Rock

Hello Family and Friends,
Just a short update Hayden had a good night last night and Mom and Dad I think got some much needed rest. Mimi will trade off with Mom tonight and stay at the hospital with Hayden and Dad and Mom and Mason will be at the hotel. We are facing another procedure on Wed. to put G tube in tummy so please pray it will go well and Hayden will be able to tolerate the feedings thru this tube. It is administered a little differently from the nose tummy tube.

Hayden does not want to stay in the hospital room he is so ready to be out of that place. We are expecting to maybe get to get out of hospital for a few days to let swelling of tongue go down and then we will have to be back for the next surgery. Most likely family will have to stay close by because of trach and feeding tube plus the incision not healing so it's doubtful that we will leave Little Rock. But at least it will be a change for Mom and Dad and Hayden from beeping machines and being awakened by nurses and techs for bp's and medication being taken. It will be a little scary coming out with a trach and feeding tube because we've never had to deal with a trach before now. (Cleaning etc. not to mention blockages that can occur) But life is about always learning something new and different.

Papa and Jeremy got back here on Sunday and we were sure glad to have some re-enforcements to help with Mason. He seems to be tired of listening to Mimi all the time. Which means he has been a typical 2 yr. old. Wide open, mouthy, and very strong willed not to mention hard headed. When Papa came to the hospital he brought prizes for Hayden and Mason from Ms. Sandra and I wish you could have seen the smiles he had opening all of the prizes Ms. Sandra sent. He loves getting mail and that always puts smiles on his face. Thanks Ms. Sandra.

Well I must close for now and get back to hospital. Will post later.
God has been so faithful through out this ordeal and we are very thankful for His blessings, for rest and healing. We are so grateful to all who are praying and phone calls, cards, comments and support. Thanks again.

Still praising Him for His goodness,
Mimi

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be praying about tomorrows procedure for Hayden. Prayerfully, hoping that Hayden will tolerate the feeding tube in his tummy. It would be good for all of you,especially Hayden to be free of the hospital for a few days. I will be praying that all of this goes well. The power of God's love is with you all. He is ever faithful. Mason will be happy to be with his Mimi and Papa at their home, when you all know Hayden alright. keeping you all in prayer. Love you all, Ms Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone, I am up my sister-in-laws so I thought I would check out the blog. I just wanted you all to know that we love you and you are still in ou prayers. We will hopefully be seeing you soon. Kim

Anonymous said...

We are praying for a successful surgery tomorrow. And, that all can be out of the hospital for at least a few days. May God's love surround and uphold all.
Ed & Jan Allen

Anonymous said...

What good news to be able to "break out" for a while. Prayers are that everthing goes well so that will happen.
Love, Hugs and kisses to all.
Uncle Ronny & Aunt Cindy

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! Faith, Hope, and Love,
Joy, Rusty, Maggie, and Emma

Anonymous said...

Hope that surgery tomorrow goes well. I continue to pray for all of you to have some rest and renewed strength. I know Hayden can not wait to break out of the joint for a few days. Love to all of you. Sandy and Jessica

Luke's Mom said...

I'm praying right now for Hayden, that he will be able to get out the Hospital soon. For peace for the whole family as I know exactly what kind of challenges you will experience with a trache and g-tube. My son Luke has had both and Praise God I can say that with God's help you will do a great job.

Love in Christ,
Suzi Searles

Anonymous said...

A special prayer will be lifted up tomorrow for the procedure. We will also lift up you all for confidence to handle all of the other procedures with equipment in the days to come. I am glad you have gotten a little rest. May God bless and keep you in His arms.
Love, Pam W.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Hayden will get a chance to be out of the hospital for a little while. We will continue to pray for his procedures and his recovery. Prayers will also be lifted for your confidence and peace in handling the equipment that Hayden is using. God bless you all!!

In His Love,
Bambi Muylle

Anonymous said...

Hey Hayden -
Hope you get to feeling better real soon. You are a brave and I hope you do ok with your tube in your belly. Keep Strong!

Thinking of you,
Gannon McMahon

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear church family: I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and in my prayers. Cathy told me that she spoke to Donita yesterday. Church members are asking about you guys every day. I continually direct them to your updated blog. I will try to contact you by cell phone today. I miss hearing your voices. Maybe I can contact all of you through the direct hospital line. My family talks about all of you practically every day. Caleb, Cathy, & I send our love to you. My understanding is that Hayden will have a feeding tube placed in him today, and that he is still healing from his tongue surgery, and that the surgery on the tumor has not been scheduled yet. In His love and Service, The Boudreaux Family